The Lincoln Library is located in Medicine Lodge, Kansas, a town of just over 2,000 people in south central Kansas. Medicine Lodge is in the northern part of Barber County and serves as the County Seat. The library owns approximately 18,000 items including books, movies, and audiobooks available for check out, and subscribes to 7 newspapers and 30 magazines. Magazines are retained for one year. Also available are eBooks and eAudiobooks through the Sunflower eLibrary. Lincoln Library is a Service Center of the South Central Kansas Library System.
Lincoln Library will enrich the quality of life for the Medicine Lodge community and outlying areas by providing library resources for information, learning, and recreation. We support lifelong learning and advancement of skills for all ages with an up-to-date collection and technology services and programs.
The goals of the Lincoln Library shall be:
- To keep a current and relevant collection.
- To serve as the primary resource center for the area.
- To support and enhance educational, civic, and cultural activities.
- To Assess community needs and provide programming to meet those needs.
- To serve all members of Medicine Lodge ante the surrounding area, those within the state of Kansas and all others who require our services.
- To use creativity, enthusiasm, and kindness in all that we do.
Mission and Goals adopted May 2, 2016